Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

To memory leak when the RTMP communication with Android

Hiroshi_K_1
Beginner

I use the Media for mobile.
It is the live streaming on Android, but communication is a new thread is created when you connect again interrupted, not the previous thread is deleted.
The thread is made of PublishStreamWOWZ class.
You can easily reproduce by simply turning off the Wi-Fi.

Is there a way to prevent a memory leak?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Hiroshi,

Can you please provide more information about the test device and the android version you are using. Also, are you using Media for mobile (unmodified live streaming sample)? if you have made changes to the sample, please share the reproducer, so we can check and debug this issue.

Thanks,  

0 Kudos
Hiroshi_K_1
Beginner

Hi Harsh, Thank you for your reply.

I use the Nexus 5 of Android version 5.1.1.Memory leak has occurred in the sample both Camera Streaming and Game Streaming that does not change.During live streaming repeated each time you reconnect to reconnect by airplane mode thread of the WAIT state will increase.
This thread does not end after you shut down the live streaming.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Hiroshi, 

Thanks for providing details. It is an interesting use case and I was able to reproduce the issue with samples. Will bring this issue to our team. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Hiroshi_K_1
Beginner

Hi Harsh,

Thank you for sure!I am looking forward to that this bug is fixed.

Thanks,

0 Kudos