Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Too much memory was occupied with sample_decode

David_X
Beginner

Hi,

Here comes a problem related to the example sample_decode.

When the sample_decode was called to decode 1080p video stream, I found that lots of memory (about 90Mb) would be occured and when 10 streams were decoded parallel the situation would be 1Gb occured, memory consumption seems to be increasing linearity.

Is this situation abnormal ? Am I called the example without dispatching appropriately ? If there's any reasonable plan for multi-decoding in one single process to decrease the memory consumption?  that's what makes me confused.

It seems that these functions make more memory consumption than I expect :

m_pMFXAllocator->Alloc  //Alloc frames for decoder

m_pmfxDEC->Init   // MFXVideoDECODE_Init 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

We have a open memory leak issue with sample_decode when initialized for multi-decode. The main reason is originally sample_decode was not designed for multi-decoding in loop. I will update with a fix/workaround soon. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos