Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

TopoEdit stop->play Failed by using H264 decoder

Lily_D_
Beginner

Dear All:

I have loaded the latest Intel media SDK 2013 R2. I use the TopoEdit to preview H264 stream from camera by loading the Intel H264 decoder. 

The problem will appear if you do as follows:

1.  Click the play button on the TopoEdit. It can succeed to playback;

2. Click the stop button on the TopoEdit or close the playback window;

3.  Click the play button on the TopoEdit again. It cannot  playback.

I have modify the code according http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/355336

However, the stop->play sometimes succeed and sometimes failed.

I find something maybe useful in the function processmessage:

1) suceed: case 

Dear All:

I have loaded the latest Intel media SDK 2013 R2. I use the TopoEdit to preview H264 stream from camera by loading the Intel H264 decoder. 

I have modify the code according http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/355336

1) suceed: case 

Dear All:

1) suceed: case MFT_MESSAGE_COMMAND_FLUSH:(stop will send this message)

m_uiHasOutputEventExists = 0;

2) failed:  case MFT_MESSAGE_COMMAND_FLUSH:(stop will send this message)

m_uiHasOutputEventExists != 0;

Has anyone encountered this problem?

And thanks for telling me how to resolve it , in order to make stop->play always succeed.             

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Lily,

We have recorded you previous MFT sample code observations and now also this behavior.

There are no plans on improving MFT samples until the next release of Media SDK which is tentatively planned for early 2014. As part of the 2014 release we plan to overhaul the MFT samples and as part of that effort we will work to address these issue.

Someone else on this forum may also have suggestions on how to implement suitable workaround.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos
Lily_D_
Beginner

Trank for your reply. I will go on doing effort for this problem, because my project need the function.

Petter Larsson (Intel) wrote:

Hi Lily,

We have recorded you previous MFT sample code observations and now also this behavior.

There are no plans on improving MFT samples until the next release of Media SDK which is tentatively planned for early 2014. As part of the 2014 release we plan to overhaul the MFT samples and as part of that effort we will work to address these issue.

Someone else on this forum may also have suggestions on how to implement suitable workaround.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos