Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Tracer on Windows 7 PRO

Steven_M_3
Beginner

I have a new HP laptop with Window 7 Pro.  When I try a trace nothing happens. Is this a problem tracer has running on Windows 7  (I have another Windows 7 laptop with the same symptom).  I have multiple laptops with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 on each of which I have the free download of INDE.  Is there some limit on the number of free copies that causes the tracer not to work or is there some other issue??

Mags 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Steven,

Do you have mfx-tracer_64.dll and mfx-tracer_32.dll in the same folder with tracer? Also .net framework 4 is needed. 

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos
Steven_M_3
Beginner

Hi Ann:

Yes both dll-s are there.  The NetFramework 4.0 Multitarget pack is installed, as is NetFramework 4.6.0 and NetFramework 4.6.1

Steve

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Steven,

It seems strange. What CPU are you using with Win7? What is your current Media SDK version? Could you please explain how do you run a tracer?

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos