Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Transcode a H264 video from YUV420P format to NV12 pixel format

Deeksha
Employee

Hi,

I am trying to  transcode a H264 video from default/YUV420P format to NV12 pixel format. I tried running the sample multi transcode as below. Transcoding says success but when i ffprobe output1.h264, I see YUV420P as pixel format. Request the team for guidance.

sample_multi_transcode -i::h264 output.h264 -ec::nv12 -dc::nv12 -o::h264 output1.h264

sample_multi_transcode -i::h264 output.h264 -dc::nv12 -o::h264 output1.h264

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We could reproduce your issue. We will work on this internally and get back to you with an update.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
Deeksha
Employee

Thanks for reverting back. Any tentative date by when you can get back on the next update?

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi Deeksha,

We apologize for the delay. We need a couple of details from your side. Could you please share the below details:

• Media SDK Version in which you tried sample multi-transcode
  • Software & Hardware details in which you worked on.
  • Input file

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi @Deeksha ,

Please give us an update regarding this issue. Could you please share the below details:

• Media SDK Version in which you tried sample multi-transcode
  • Software & Hardware details in which you worked on.
  • Input file

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi @Deeksha,

We need your OS details to reproduce your issue. Could you please us an update here?

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi Deeksha,

Could you please give us an update regarding this issue?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi Deeksha,

Please give us an update regarding this issue. We need your OS details to resolve your issue. Could you please share them with us?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
Deeksha
Employee

Let me put the details:

1. OS: Ubuntu 20.04
  2. Platform – TGL, ICL
  3. Mediasdk – latest version available on 20th December 2021 as that day I had reported the issue.

I no longer have access to the development environment as I have switched to a new project.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Apologies for the delays. Media SDK functionality has been superseded by oneVPL, FFmpeg and GStreamer.

For more information see the oneVPL Landing Page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/onevpl.html where you will find, among other information

oneVPL version 2.x is an API that is the successor to Intel® Media SDK. The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active and will not be updated. Packages and downloads are still available on GitHub*. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to move to oneVPL as soon as possible.

If you have any questions about oneVPL, please submit a ticket.

0 Kudos