Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Transcoding error with Croma format rgb4

Sheth__Dhrumil
Beginner

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am using Media SDK 2017 for Windows 8.0.24.271. I am using sample multitranscoder for transcoding the h264 stream. My hardware is Intel Core i7 -4770 CPU and Operating system is Windows 7.

My objective is work on raw Rgb4 frame. My input is input.h264(1920*1080). When I set -i::h264 input.h264 -o::raw output.raw -dc::rgb4 in transcoder sample. And exe throw m_pmfxDEC-> Init failed error. 

If i don't set below parameter then Transcoding Sample exe is running fine.

-dc::rgb4

Please advice me.

Thanking you,

Dhrumil Sheth

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Dhrumil,

Sorry for the late response, I was interrupted by some urgent project and had dealing with the long backlogs.

About your questions, I can reproduce it and I think the sample_multi_transcode might need other arguments to works. But -dc::rgb4 is to force the decoder output and you want to use raw.

If you just want to generate raw output with RGB4 format, you can use sample_decode with following command line:

sample_decode.exe h264 -i input.h264 -o out.raw -rgb4

Does this work for you?

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Dhrumil,

Sorry for the late response, I was interrupted by some urgent project and had dealing with the long backlogs.

About your questions, I can reproduce it and I think the sample_multi_transcode might need other arguments to works. But -dc::rgb4 is to force the decoder output and you want to use raw.

If you just want to generate raw output with RGB4 format, you can use sample_decode with following command line:

sample_decode.exe h264 -i input.h264 -o out.raw -rgb4

Does this work for you?

Mark

0 Kudos