Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Transfer .mvc bitstream file while decoding

johnsonliu_
Beginner
Using the sample_decode.exe can help to decode the .mvc bitstream file to .yuv and with rendering we can see the 3D effect.
However , if we try to transfer the .mvc from one PC to another, can we decode the received file while this file is getting larger and larger at the same time?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi,

Sorry, but I fail to understand the issue your facing. Could you please clarify?

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
johnsonliu_
Beginner
Hi Petter, Thanks for your reply.
If we use a computer (called A) to encode raw data to .mvc bitstream with VPP and sample_encode program.
Then we can generate the .mvc file.
And then we can transfer this .mvc file through TCP to another computer (called B).
While still receiving the .mvc file, can we run the sample_decode at the same time ?
I have tested for several times, and I found that we can only execute the sample_decode program when the transmission of .mvc is done. In other words, the fileReader function in the sample_decode program will be blocked if the file is still under transmission.
Is there any solution ?
Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi,

The Media SDK provides "sample_decode" sample to illustrate common decode usages of the Media SDK API. The sample is by no means designed to work for all desired usages. I suggest you explore the sample implementation (such as the file reader class) to find ways to extend the functionality to your needs.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos