Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

Trouble reverting back to an old version of Media SDK

holmes__ryan
Beginner

I have a Visual Studio 2017 C++ application using the Intel Media SDK 2016 to do H.264 encoding. I recently upgraded to the 2019 SDK in an attempt to get H.265 encoding working. Yesterday I reverted back to the 2016 SDK but my application is not working the same as before. It no longer detects Quick Sync Hardware encoding on the target machine. I have uninstalled the 2019 SDK, reinstalled the 2016 one, revert all code changes and rebuilt the project but that didn't work. I also had a friend build my source code against the 2016 SDK and the resulting .exe that he build worked as expected. When comparing the file he built to mine, the file sizes differ by a few KB suggesting they are somehow different.

How do you properly uninstall the 2019 SDK? Has anyone had experience with left-over files or registry values after an uninstall?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Ryan,

Did you check the driver and runtime installations? These parts might not being removed even you uninstall the 2019 version.

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Ryan,

Did you check the driver and runtime installations? These parts might not being removed even you uninstall the 2019 version.

Mark

0 Kudos