Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Unity3d video capturing without microphone input

Anirudha_M_
Beginner

I have followed the INDE unity3d tutorial for video capturing. Everything is working fine. 

The video is generated but also has microphone sound input.

How can I capture the video without microphone sound?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Anirudha_M_
Beginner

I really need some help with disabling the microphone input during capture. 

Does it support system only audio capture?

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Anirudha,

Apologies for delay in response. Yes, using M4M you can control Microphone input. We have release version on dynamic control of microphone. Please share your email address with me via "Private Messages", I will send you the code snippet. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Mark_R_5
Beginner

Seems my requests to Harsh and co are falling on deaf ears. Does anyone out there have a copy of the new version which fixes this? Thanks :)

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

M4M build with feature enabled shared directly with customer and has been confirmed by the customer through private message. If you come across any issue please start a new thread on Media forum - https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk.

0 Kudos
Mark_R_5
Beginner

Hi Harsh,

Contacted you directly, started a new thread, even tried contacting over LinkedIn. In summary, fix doesn't work and noone seems to be listening :(

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Mark,

Apologies for slow response. It weird that you are still seeing microphone issues with the release version of M4M. I have sent a mail directly, let me know with your reply, error message you are seeing including details about HW device and Android OS version on the device. 

Thanks,   

0 Kudos
Mark_R_5
Beginner

Hi,

Quick update for you :)

I eventually found that I could mute the microphone using AudioManager.setMicrophoneMute( true ); providing I set the correct permissions:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS"/>

However, I quickly discovered that M4M uses the microphone to capture the audio, so if I mute the microphone or the user turns the device volume down/off, audio won't be captured. Regrettably, I've had to abandon using the M4M library for this reason.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for the update. Yes, M4M uses microphone to capture the audio during capturing and with release build you can dynamically control Microphone. But for your use case scenario turning off device volume or muting the microphone, audio capturing will be missed. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos