Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Unresolved symbol SetThreadErrorMode()

Donald_G_
Beginner

I am getting this error when linking my sample in Visual Studio 2005 Pro on Win8

libmfx.lib(mfx_load_dll.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_SetThreadErrorMode

Assistance would be greatly appreciated. I don't know why it is not found in kernel32 as usual. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Donald,

I suspect the issue you're encountering is lack of, or incompatible version of Windows SDK. Please make sure you have suitable Windows SDK installed.  Also, Visual Studio 2005 may not be fully compatible with Windows 8. Please consult Microsoft knowledgebase for details.

Regards,
Petter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Donald,

I suspect the issue you're encountering is lack of, or incompatible version of Windows SDK. Please make sure you have suitable Windows SDK installed.  Also, Visual Studio 2005 may not be fully compatible with Windows 8. Please consult Microsoft knowledgebase for details.

Regards,
Petter

0 Kudos
Donald_G_
Beginner

Thank you, Petter. I knew about potential issues with 2005 but saw some claims it works anyway. I do have the correct WinSDK. I will try VS 2013 express and see how that goes.

0 Kudos
Donald_G_
Beginner

It's all working with 2013 Express. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Hiroshi_O_
Beginner

FYI, I hit the same issue as I am working with Windows SDK for Vista. I cannot change our SDK version because of our own requirement around CLI/C++ & .NET framework version (totally out of scope from Intel side.)

I wonder why Intel cannot provide libmfx.lib as DLL, but not static library.

Static library requires more close coupling with client code (our code) and it's worse without having the capability of rebuilding by ourselves.

0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Hiroshi,

the Media SDK dispatcher (essentially libmfx.lib) is provided as open source code as part of the SDK package. You can modify this code to create alternate dispatcher implementations to fit your needs.

Regards,
Petter

0 Kudos