Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Uploading and downloading an image using Intel Media SDK in C++

Bartosz_P_
Beginner

Hi,

I have to write a program, which will be sending via web compressed image file and then downloading it and decoding in c++ using Microsoft Multimedia Framework and  Intel Media Software Development Kit. I want to write it on my own and get to know how to solve this problem, but i have no idea how to start, which functions can i use, anything..my lecturer is really unhelpful, and my deadline is very soon. 

Do you have any solutions, links, tutorials, anything that can help me do that?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

From your description is seems you are trying to achieve many things and it's unclear what the focus is, such as, what your preferred framework is, if HW acceleration is needed, or if you are processing an image or video. Without more specific details it's hard to give useful recommendations.

Intel Media SDK is a product developed for video encode,decode and processing, not image processing (exception: MJPEG component can be used for JPEG image processing). 

In short, Intel Media SDK has no features related to audio, mux/demux, networking etc. so if you need such functionality you need to look elsewhere, such as MediaFoundation, DirectShow or C/C++ level frameworks such as FFmpeg.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos
Bartosz_P_
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

I have only translated my subject of project, preffered framework is a multimedia framework. After your explanation I imagine I have to use SDK to decode and encode a video, and then use some other tools to send it somehow. But the priority is to do such things with a video file. Well, I'm searching for some useful tips, but if you have some free time, please give me a piece of advice.

0 Kudos