Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Use webcam as input with Intel media SDK

SURABHI_G_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am new to media SDK and any gfx development in general. I want use the sample 'simple_decode_d3d11' provided in tutorial to read the input from my webcam or USB camera connected to my system instead of a video file. I could not figure out how to specify camera as input in MSDK_FOPEN/fopen_s. I am using Intel(R) Media SDK 2018 R2 on wondows10. Appreciate any help regarding this.

-Surabhi

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Surabhi,

Sorry for the late response.

Your problem is how to input the video stream from a webcam, Media SDK inputs raw video stream only and this is why we are only show with the tutorial code.

fopen() is a function call can only handle files but not stream.

There are several ways to do this, you can use OpenCV functions, or FFmpeg/GStreamer library. Or you can use FFmpeg or GStreamer directly, both of them support Intel hardware accelerated codec(QSV), you can check following site for how to install them:

https://01.org/linuxmedia/quickstart/overview

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Mark

0 Kudos