Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

User defined Encoder developement

Rishab_G_2
Beginner

I have developed an Encoder which I need to integrate into Media SDK environment to utilize it s transcode capability. I am able we have to derive a class from mfxVideoCodecPlugin and mfxPlugin and define the function in these classes. I am unable to understand where the encode call should happen. In a sample encode application EncodeFrameAsync is called for encoding but it is not part of these two classes so would it link with my encoder call.

I am also unable to understand how the plugin would be detected and loaded is sample encode application .Please anybody have any idea please reply as soon as possible.

Regards

Rishab

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rishab_G_2
Beginner

Hello All,

I know while loading a plugin the application in Media SDK looks for CreatePluginPtr_t() function but does anybody know how it should be implemented and exposed to the application by the plugin.

An Encoder plugin would be derived MFXEncoderPlugin Class which is derived from MFXPlugin and EncodeFrameAsync which needs to be implemented for encoder execution how would that be linked to a plugin class . and exposed to the application.

Regards

Rishab

0 Kudos
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hello Rishab,

Before I dive deep into your question, I wanted to point you to some resources (and pseudo codes) available to help understand using plugins with MSDK. Specifically, the dev guide (https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/Intel_Media_Developers_Guide_0.pdf - section 4.12.1, 4.12.2, 4.12.3) talk about using user plugins in the media pipeline. 

Like you mentioned, sample_encode shows usage of plugins - in this application, mfx_plugin_uids.h/cpp are where the plugins are exposed and the cpp file shows how to use them. Not sure if you had a chance to look at them.

Let me know if these above-mentioned resources was what you needed. If not, we can discuss your issue in more detail.

0 Kudos