Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

VAAPI MSDK decode H264 to RGB output incorrect

duncanchou
New Contributor I

Hello Sir ,

We decode the h264 frame to RGB, and NV12, some outputs are incorrect, anything setting we missed.

The attached are log file.  

Thanks

Michael Wu

1. H264 to RGB (SW / VAAPI) ==> Color Incorrect

./sample_decode h264 -sw -vaapi -i  ./camera_124_640x_480.h264 -rgb4 -o  test_vaapi_hw.rgb

Original Video streamer 

duncanchou_0-1600417971980.png

duncanchou_1-1600418053065.png

2. H264 to RGB (HW / VAAPI) ==> Frame Incorrect

./sample_decode h264 -hw -vaapi -i  ./camera_124_640x_480.h264 -rgb4 -o  test_vaapi_hw.rgb

1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

>> After download the last version MSDK, build and install, this issue is resolved.

good to know this

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi,

>> 1. H264 to RGB (SW / VAAPI) ==> Color Incorrect

It is because MSDK output of MFX_FOURCC_RGB4 color format is actually BGRA format, not the RGBA format, whereas this YUV file viewer tool supports RGB32 format which is RGBA format. That's why R & B components are interchanged while rendering.

>> 2. H264 to RGB (HW / VAAPI) ==> Frame Incorrect

Logically this output should have been exactly same as output of SW mode. Are you getting any decode error in this path? Is this incorrect output for every decode output or only first output frame?  

Thanks,

0 Kudos
duncanchou
New Contributor I

Hello Ramashankar,

#1.   It is because MSDK output of MFX_FOURCC_RGB4 color format is actually BGRA format,

===>Thank you for your information, this information is good for us.

#2.  Logically this output should have been exactly same as output f SW mode. Are you getting any decode error in this path? Is this incorrect output for every decode output or only first output frame? 

====> After download the last version MSDK, build and install, this issue is resolved.

Thank you for your support.

Michael Wu

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

>> After download the last version MSDK, build and install, this issue is resolved.

good to know this

0 Kudos