Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

VPP + ENCODE with EncodedOrder

OTorg
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is it possible to use media sdk session with VPP->ENCODE chain and push input frames to it in encoding order (mfxVideoParam.mfx.EncodedOrder = 1)?

Will VPP understand reordered frames and process them in presentation order?

Some VPP operations (e.g. motion-adaptive deinterlace) must be performed in presentation order, so the question is important.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dmitry_E_Intel
Employee

Hi,

VPP does't distinguish between encoded and display order. I mean the encoded order for VPP doesn't make sense so it doesn't do internal reordering. 

Since you'd like to encode in the encoded order, I assume there is a reorderer on app side. So just put it between VPP and encoder, not before VPP.

Regards,

Dmitry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dmitry_E_Intel
Employee

Hi,

VPP does't distinguish between encoded and display order. I mean the encoded order for VPP doesn't make sense so it doesn't do internal reordering. 

Since you'd like to encode in the encoded order, I assume there is a reorderer on app side. So just put it between VPP and encoder, not before VPP.

Regards,

Dmitry

0 Kudos