Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

VPP HW Impl blurs Text Image

Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am using vpp samples from Intel Media SDK Samples 2016 6.0.0.142 and Intel(R)_Media_SDK_2016.0.1. I need to convert RGB32 (BGRA) frames into NV12 and pass them to h264 encoder.

I am observing that HW implementation of VPP is blurring the text images portion in output frame, but if I use SW implementation then conversion is perfectly fine. In HW impl, part of text (specifically the vertical lines area) are slightly reddish or blueish. Please refer the attachment.

Can you let me know if it is any known bug in VPP or Graphics driver? How to correct it and make it with same quality as in SW impl? I prefer not to use SW impl of VPP considering the speed factor.

Attachments:

i. sys_analyzer.txt: system analyzer log (Env: Win8.1 (64 bit), HD Graphics 4400, driver 10.18.14.4414)

ii. VppIn.bgr: input frame in BGRA format

iii. VppOut_HW.nv12: output nv12 frame generated through HW impl

iv. VppOut_SW.nv12: output nv12 frame generated through SW impl

v. Compare.jpg: snap shot of both output frame with highlighting the issue

~

Regards, 

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Ramashankar,

Could you please provide me command line parameters that you used for running sample_vpp?

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi Anna,

I used following command line parameters:

1. sample_vpp -i VppIn.bgr -sw 1920 -sh 1080 -scc rgb4 -dw 1920 -dh 1080 -dcc nv12 -lib hw -o VppOut_HW.nv12

2. sample_vpp -i VppIn.bgr -sw 1920 -sh 1080 -scc rgb4 -dw 1920 -dh 1080 -dcc nv12 -lib sw -o VppOut_SW.nv12

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

I reproduced the issue. I'll keep you in touch about further investigations.

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is there any update on this?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Ramashankar,

It's driver problem. Dev team is working on a solution now.

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the update, glad to know that this issue is being fixed. It would be helpful if you can share the tentative timeline by when we get the fix.

Regards, 

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

One quick question: are you ok to use d3d11?

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Yes, but I am already using d3d11 memory on Windows8 onwards, and system memory or d3d9 memory on windows7 OS (as my product needs to support all OS from Win7 onwards).

Are you not seeing this issue if use d3d11? I observed this issue first on Win8.1 OS using d3d11 itself.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

The question was about the fix. So we can only fix it for d3d11.

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Ok. Though I need the fix for windows7 OS also(i.e. using system or d3d9 memory), but if d3d11 fix is quick I can start using that at least for windows8 and 10 also.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi Anna,

Is there any update on this?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Ramashankar,

We are working on solution, but for now I can't say exactly when the fix will be ready. I'll keep you in touch.

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

OK. Thanks for the information, I will wait for your update.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi Anna,

Is there any development on this? It would be very helpful if you can provide any tentative timeline for this fix,

~ Thanks,

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi Anna,

Waiting for your reply. Is there any update on this?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi Anna, 

It's driver problem. Dev team is working on a solution now.

We are working on solution, but for now I can't say exactly when the fix will be ready. I'll keep you in touch.

Has Intel fixed this issue in driver? Please let me know if there is any update.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Still no reply :(

Dear Intel team members,

Please let me know if this issue has been fixed in any recent release of graphics driver or media sdk.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Avulapati__Balakrish

I am facing the same issue. Worried to see this post being unresolved from past 2 years.

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is anyone from intel team looking in to this issue? It is causing severe quality issue. Please provide some solution for this.

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Ramashankar,

I am routed by your other post and I checked all the information, it looks like you want to port the solution of d3d11 to d3d9 on Win7.

The difficulty of this request is to address the legacy platform which might be out of life cycle, also this involves different team internally. So let me check the status and get back to you.

Mark

0 Kudos