Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

VPP Resize yuy2 output problem

Rick_H_2
Beginner

Hi,

I am running into a problem when using the sample_vpp application to scale yuy2 video.  In this test I used the compiled sample_vpp.exe provided in the MediaSDK installation.  Note that this same process does work with rgb4 input and output.

Test case 1: sample_vpp -lib sw -sw 1920 -sh 1080 -scc yuy2 -dw 960 -dh 540 -dcc yuy2 -n 1 -i aspen.yuv -o aspen_scaled.yuv

The output image is the correct size but appears to be in a planar format based on trying to view in YUVTools.  So then I tried not scaling by keeping the output size to match the input size:

Test case 2: sample_vpp -lib sw -sw 1920 -sh 1080 -scc yuy2 -dw 1920 -dh 1080 -dcc yuy2 -n 1 -i aspen.yuv -o aspen_notscaled.yuv

Again the output image is the correct size but is read incorrectly by YUVTools. In test case 2, I would expect the output file to be identical to the input file.  As far as I can tell, I have the correct syntax, but am not getting the correct results.

Thanks,

Rick H. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Rick,

YUY2 output format is not supported, as stated in readme-vpp.pdf as a known limitation. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Please take a look at VPP supported color conversion table in mediasdk reference manual on  Page No. 7. Hope this information answers your question. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos