cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rick_H_2
Beginner

VPP Resize yuy2 output problem

Hi,

I am running into a problem when using the sample_vpp application to scale yuy2 video.  In this test I used the compiled sample_vpp.exe provided in the MediaSDK installation.  Note that this same process does work with rgb4 input and output.

Test case 1: sample_vpp -lib sw -sw 1920 -sh 1080 -scc yuy2 -dw 960 -dh 540 -dcc yuy2 -n 1 -i aspen.yuv -o aspen_scaled.yuv

The output image is the correct size but appears to be in a planar format based on trying to view in YUVTools.  So then I tried not scaling by keeping the output size to match the input size:

Test case 2: sample_vpp -lib sw -sw 1920 -sh 1080 -scc yuy2 -dw 1920 -dh 1080 -dcc yuy2 -n 1 -i aspen.yuv -o aspen_notscaled.yuv

Again the output image is the correct size but is read incorrectly by YUVTools. In test case 2, I would expect the output file to be identical to the input file.  As far as I can tell, I have the correct syntax, but am not getting the correct results.

Thanks,

Rick H. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Rick,

YUY2 output format is not supported, as stated in readme-vpp.pdf as a known limitation. Thanks!

Hi,

Please take a look at VPP supported color conversion table in mediasdk reference manual on  Page No. 7. Hope this information answers your question. 

Thanks,