Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

VPP denoise/detail filter and procAmp control on media SDK 2012(R3)

hendrik_w_1
Beginner

Firstly I am new to intel media SDK.

I am trying to use the VPP denoise/detail filter and the procAmp control inside the sample_vpp.

I am using Wildlife.wmv(NV12) and Avi_Wildlife(YUY2) as my sample videos (microsoft windows built in sample media files).

It works well when I use this command to test the sample_vpp program
    sample_vpp -sw 1280 -sh 720 -scc nv12 -dw 1280 -dh 720 -dcc nv12 -lib hw -d3d -i Wildlife.wmv -o output.wmv

When I try the following commands , I still can execute the sample_vpp but the produced output file is corrupted somehow
(failed to play the output file)
   sample_vpp -sw 1280 -sh 720 -scc nv12 -dw 1280 -dh 720 -dcc nv12 -lib hw -d3d -denoise 5 -i Wildlife.wmv -o output.wmv
   sample_vpp -sw 1280 -sh 720 -scc nv12 -dw 1280 -dh 720 -dcc nv12 -lib sw -denoise 5 -i Wildlife.wmv -o output.wmv
   sample_vpp -sw 1280 -sh 720 -scc nv12 -dw 1280 -dh 720 -dcc nv12 -lib hw -d3d -detail 10 -i Wildlife.wmv -o output.wmv
   sample_vpp -sw 1280 -sh 720 -scc nv12 -dw 1280 -dh 720 -dcc nv12 -lib hw -d3d -pa_sat 5 -i Wildlife.wmv -o output.wmv

same problem also happened when I try to set the pa_con(contrast) and pa_bri(brightness)

I saw the sample_vpp_parser.cpp, it said that

• range of noise level is [0, 100]
  • range of noise level is [0, 100]
  • procamp hue property. range [-180.0, 180.0]
  • procamp saturation property. range [ 0.0, 10.0]
  • procamp contrast property. range [ 0.0, 10.0]
  • procamp brightness property. range [-100.0, 100.0]

which mean that the value that I set still inside the range

My system :

• Windows 8 64 bit
  • Intel core i7-3517U with intel HD Graphics 4000
  • Intel graphics driver version 9.17.10.2770
  • Media SDK 2012 (R3)

I also try on Windows 7 64bit with intel core i5 CPU and intel HD graphics 3000 system
and the result is just the same.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with my input command line ?
Please tell me the proper way to use denoise/detail filter and procamp control inside the sample_vpp program.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Many thanks
Hendrik

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Hendrik, from your description is seems your input is a wmv media container? Media SDK VPP component is a component that performs frame processing on raw image data, such as scaling or changing the brightness. VPP does not have any capability to handle media containers or elementary streams. So in short, to use the the VPP component you need to input raw frame data. This can be generated by for instance sample_decode, by feeding it an H.264,MPEG2 or VC1 elementary stream. Note that Media SDK does not have any capability to demux containers such as wmv or mp4. For more information please refer to the Media SDK Developer Guide which is part of the SDK package. Regards, Petter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Hendrik, from your description is seems your input is a wmv media container? Media SDK VPP component is a component that performs frame processing on raw image data, such as scaling or changing the brightness. VPP does not have any capability to handle media containers or elementary streams. So in short, to use the the VPP component you need to input raw frame data. This can be generated by for instance sample_decode, by feeding it an H.264,MPEG2 or VC1 elementary stream. Note that Media SDK does not have any capability to demux containers such as wmv or mp4. For more information please refer to the Media SDK Developer Guide which is part of the SDK package. Regards, Petter
0 Kudos
hendrik_w_1
Beginner
Hi peter, My input data is a wmv media container. Seems like I misunderstood how the Media SDK VPP component work. I will read the Media SDK Developer Guide carefully and give it a try again.. Many thanks for your kind reply. Regards, Hendrik
0 Kudos