Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

VS2010 libmfx link error

Guilherme_L_2
Beginner

Hi,

I'm new in Intel Media SDK and i want to change the encode/decode system of my aplication from ffmpeg to quicksync to make some tests, so i have add the library to my project, maked a class to initialize a encode session, but it don't compile, VS2010 gives me the follow error:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _MFXInit

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _MFXClose

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _MFXVideoENCODE_QueryIOSurf

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _MFXVideoENCODE_Init

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _MFXVideoENCODE_Close

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _MFXVideoENCODE_EncodeFrameAsync

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _MFXVideoENCODE_Query

i have compiled and run the examples, but in my project it's don't work.

I have included the sdk include directory, library directory and the .lib in the project settings.

some one can help me? Thanks

P.S.: sorry for my poor english

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Guilherme,

the link error you're getting is most certainly due to the linker not being able to find the "libmfx.lib" file. Please check you project configuration to make sure the file is named correctly and that it is located in the path you provide.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos
Guilherme_L_2
Beginner

Hi Petter,

Thanks for the answer, but the problem was diferent and i have figured it out, i had to recompile library in the VS2010 and everything worked fine.

thank you for your time,

Guilherme 

0 Kudos