Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

Valgrind shows memory leak in Simple_decode/Transcode . on NUC(D54250WYKH) machine

sumit_j_1
Beginner

Hi All,

I  am working with  one of the H264 stream available at http://download.openbricks.org/sample/H264/big_buck_bunny_480p_H264_AAC_25fps_1800K_short.MP4/  and used  Elecard Software to  extract H264 stream.

I used Valgrind  for Decode and Transcode and seeing many occurrences  of Invalid read of size 4/ Invalid write of size 8. Also significant number of bytes are lost.

Valgrind Commad- valgrind  --leak-check=full --show-leak-kinds=all  --log-file=/tmp/ValgrndDecode.txt ...

I have attached Valgrind log for decode and Transcode. Please refer them for more details.

My system config-

$ uname -a

>>Linux NUC 3.10.0-229.1.2.39163.MSSr4.el7.centos.x86_64

CentOs Version 

$ cat /etc/centos-release 

>>CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (Core)

NUC machine-NUC(D54250WYKH) machine

>> MSDK version --  MediaServerStudioEssentials2015R6

Regards,

Sumit Jha

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hi Sumit - Thank you for pointing the memory leaks. We will take a look at them from our end. Were you able to observe similar leaks with sample_decode application as well? (I see the leaks are coming from iHD module and would be common between tutorials ans samples, but I want to be sure). 

0 Kudos
sumit_j_1
Beginner

Hi,

Can  you please share  your  opinion about the invalid memory read/write part as well in the logs?  I mean how you interpret it and  from where it might be coming ?

Do you  think it is a wrong interpretation by memcheck?

Regards,

Sumit Jha

0 Kudos
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hi Sumit - Apologies for the delayed response. Most of the invalid reads and writes are coming from the iHD driver module which is a closed source driver and other libraries. Although I do not have much to offer immediately, I have escalated this behavior to get some information on this - I will get back to you as soon as I have something to share.

0 Kudos
Rajarshi_H_
Beginner

Hi Sravanthi,

I am getting same "Invalid read/write" while running sample decode or sample_decvpp,

As you have mentioned in your earlier posts' that these errors are due to the iHD driver.Same is the issue here.

Kindly suggest how can it be rectified.

Thanks in advance!!

Br,

Rajarshi Haldar

+919958767381

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Rajarshi, 

Can you please start a new thread for the issue you have reported above, this help us to track the customer and their issues properly. 
Also please send machine details - CPU, GPU, OS, media server studio version, samples version and o/p of cmd "unamke -r" and o/p of result of running pre build binaries, part of the package. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos