Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Video Decoding using VA-API Hardware Acceleration

Ganesh_W_
Beginner

Hi,

I have a intel atom d2500 board. We have developed a linux player for video playback. But the videos are not playing it smoothly, I checked using M-player with vaapi support and the performance was very good. So, I want to implement VA-API video decoding in to it so how can I do that. I checked the xbmc source code but not able to understand it.so do you have sample code for video decoding using VA-API for any format of video. I have already seen the one example at following link

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-hardware-video-decode-on-mobile-internet-devices/

but can you give more general example which will applicable to any kind of video format.

Thanks and Regards,

Ganesh

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Ganesh, Linux and libVA API is currently not supported by Media SDK. Unfortunately, the team working on the Media SDK product does not have any samples or documentation regarding libVA. I suggest looking elsewhere for further details on this subject. Maybe the libVA forms or the person that wrote the paper you refer to can give some guidance. Regards, Petter
0 Kudos