Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Video corruption after about an hour of transcoding.

Brent_B_
Beginner

We have a media transcode operation that runs through a user plugin to perform a DXVA alpha blend.  The video pipeline is similiar to this:

RTSP Unwrap -> Decode -> Alpha Blend -> VPP Colorspace conversion -> Encode -> FFMpeg container with segmentation

This pipeline has run for multiple weeks at a time (using an RTSP 1080p/60 h.264 camera) on the May video driver (build 3621).  However recently we have tried using the newer graphics drivers (August, as well as the latest version from 10/3/14 -- 3960).  After about an hour or transcoding the video gets heavily corrupted.  There are many updates to the graphics driver which we would like to take advantage of however this corruption is forcing us to stay on build 3621.

Has anyone experienced issues with the Media SDK on new graphics drivers?

Thanks in advance,

--Brent

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

We have many changes from Driver build 3621 -> Build 3960. So we need more information about the platform to root cause the corruption issue you are seeing with Build 3960, If you can send us the logs from these tools. I will be able to further look into the issue and update you with further information. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Brent_B_
Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply,

Attached are logs from the 3621 version.  Tracer is pretty chatty so not sure we want to do it for an hour; however I will get a similar version of the log from that driver shortly.

0 Kudos
Brent_B_
Beginner

Here are the logs for the 3960 version of driver with the same application (Note this is when the app starts up not after it has been running for an hour).

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Thank you for the logs. We will look into the issue and update back with  further information. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Brent_B_
Beginner

Attached is a new log, this one is a per frame capture during corruption (after it had been running for over an hour on the 3960 driver).

0 Kudos
Brent_B_
Beginner

Attached is a tracer frame level log from the 3621 driver after it has run all night long.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for the logs. We are not able reproduce the issue from the tracer logs using the same pipeline on our side. Can you please provide us more info on the application you are using or a package that will help us reproduce the issue you are seeing. You can send me your package using PM. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Let us know which application are you using if it is samples or tutorials. In general, we recommend you to use our samples and tutorials to reproduce the issue. Let us know if you can reproduce the issue you are seeing with driver Build ->3960 with the samples/tutorials. This information will help us further look into the issue. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Brent_B_
Beginner

Will do, this is with a custom application so I will need to make a smaller application to replicate it so I can transfer it.  The samples do not take a continuous video stream so are not conducive to replicate the issue (they all work on a file).

I will get a suitable repro and post it in the next week.

Thanks much!

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

I suggest as a starting point for the replication of the issue to use one of our samples Video Decoding Sample/Full Transcoding Sample which already has console applications which already perform decoding, color conversion and full scale transcoding respectively . 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Brent, 

Following up on this issue- Are you still seeing the same behavior? There has been many bug fixes in the driver,you might want to update to the latest driver and check. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos