Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Visual Studio debugger cannot show the members inside Intel defined structs

Hiroshi_O_
Beginner

Hi there,

I started to code a new VC (DLL) project with Intel Media SDK 2014. When I run debug build of this DLL with test program and break into it, I see most of variable values, but those who are defined by Intel (e.g. mfxVideoParam and mfxFrameSurface1) are not at all. Does anyone see this problem or know how to fix this?

My theory is that this is because the definitions are actually compiled into static library (libmfxmd.lib) but the debug information is not available to us. This is just a guess and I did not get such deeper, though.

Thanks.

-Hiroshi

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Hiroshi,

Can you please provide more details about what parameter values you are not able to inspect?

In debug mode you should be able to inspect all Media SDK API structures/parameters.

Please make sure your build config is setup for Debug mode for all components, incl. your DLL.

Regards,
Petter

0 Kudos
Hiroshi_O_
Beginner

I see this problem with mfxFrameurface1 and mfxVideoParam. It is not all the structs from Intel because mfxFrameAllocResponse is displayed correctly. (See attached)

I am using Visual Studio 2012. My DLL is built on top of Visual 2008 headers/libraries by VS2012's capability to host old projects, though.

0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Hiroshi,

not sure what is going on in your setup. Seems to me the issue is somehow related to your Visual Studio project configuration or mixing of Release and Debug builds.

I'm assuming that you can see parameter values in VS if you compile and debug the unmodified samples that come with the SDK package?

Regards,
Petter

0 Kudos
Hiroshi_O_
Beginner

Thanks. I agree that this may be related to my specific project configuration. If no one else sees this, please disregard this thread.

0 Kudos
Hiroshi_O_
Beginner

Petter,

I agree that this may be some churn in my project set up.

Please disregard this thread unless anyone else sees the same issue.

-Hiroshi

0 Kudos