Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Vpp scaling mode does not work

XueLou_Ting
Beginner

I am using the sample_multi_transcode in MediaSdk to transcode a h264 file from 1080p to 720p. I want to try different scaling mode. so the scaling mode is configured with a mfxExtVppScaling structure in function "CTranscodingPipeline::InitVppMfxParams(sInputParams pInParams)" in pipeline_transcode.cpp as described in the mediasdk manual . And the scaling mode value is printed in function VideoVPPHW::SyncTaskSubmission(DdiTask pTask)", which shows the scaling mode has been set successfully, but the final result makes no difference. So I am wondering how to configure the scaling mode.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi PengBo,

I think you are using the wrong configuration structure, we actually have a better sample code than sample_multi_transcode, you can download the zip file of tutorial release 0.0.4 under the following URL:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-sdk/training

There is a project called simple_vpp which shows how to set up scaling. Basically you need to use mfxVideoParam structure to setup the format of input and output.

Let me know if this helps and if there is any more issue.

Mark

0 Kudos