Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

When the SkyLake supported MSDK release?

david123456
Beginner

The Skylake CPU and Z170 mainboard will come true 2 hours later.  When the skylake supported MSDK release? I pay more attention to  HEVC encoding performance in skylake CPU.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi David,

All required skylake msdk support are already included in latest msdk release. Please refer to release notes for more details. Please update to latest graphic drivers here : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ and samples ver 6.0.0.68 here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-client-solutions-support/code-samples. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
david123456
Beginner

Thanks.

Where can I get the information about Hevc encode performance in Skylake?

0 Kudos
celli4
New Contributor I

Harsh,

What is the story regarding Media Server Studio and use/and-or re-distribution of the HEVC encoder?

Licensees have previously only had rights to distribute 40 licenses of the HEVC encoder, has that changed?

A simple write-up of the HEVC encoding rights and restrictions, and permitted re-distributables is needed it seems for Media Server Studio licensees, unless it is already posted somewhere, and I am not aware of it?

Thanks in advance,

Cameron

0 Kudos
Alexey_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Cameron,

license limitations (40 installed nodes and/or 100 redistributtions) are only for software and GPU-accelerated software HEVC encoders. No such limits on SKL hardware encoder.

Alexey

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi David,

Unfortunately we don't have official HEVC performance data to share for skylake. Generally, all the performance data are collected with available end user apps in market, you can refer to end user apps performance data which have enabled to use HEVC encode on skylake.

Thanks,

0 Kudos