Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Where could I download Intel(R) Media SDK 2012 ( or R2 )?

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

My question is: Where could I download Intel(R) Media SDK 2012 ( or R2 )?

This is strange that you don't keep older versions of Intel(R) Media SDK. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Any responses? PS: It looks like a hard question...
0 Kudos
celli4
New Contributor I

I would also 2nd that it would be very nice to be able to download the older versions.

Even if they are totally unsupported!

Cameron

0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Sergey and Cameron,

Our current policy is not to make older releases of the SDK available for download.

However, we do acknowledge your request and the arguments for making older releases available. We are currently revisiting this topic and will respond to this thread as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Our current policy is not to make older releases of the SDK available for download... I really don't understand that restriction and I suspect Intel is hiding some problems with older Intel Media SDKs. Many software development tools, like compilers ( C++ / Fortran ), libraries ( IPP / MKL / TBB ), utilities ( VTune / Inspector ), etc, are still available for download without any restrictions and some tools could be used on WIndows XP operating system still supported by Microsoft until April 2014. So, that restriction needs to be changed.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Petter, Are there any updates? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Ryan_T_Intel
Employee

Sergey - [and others on this thread]

The Intel Media SDK is a free SDK intended to enable video HW acceleration across Intel platforms.  To maintain the quality and latest features across the API, driver stack, and samples, it was decided some time ago to have only the latest version of the SDK available, as this would minimize confusion and simplify developer access moving forward.  We would like to better understand your request in more detail, so please email me directly at ryan.tabrah@intel.com and we can set up a quick meeting to discuss further. We appreicate your patience in this matter and thank you for using the Intel Media SDK.

-Ryan

Intel Media SDK Product Manager

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Ryan, >>... We would like to better understand your request in more detail... It is related to application of the Intel MediaSDK on Windows XP and I've already described my point of view and requirements: >>... >>Many software development tools, ..., are still available for download without any restrictions and some tools could be used >>on Windows XP operating system still supported by Microsoft until April 2014. >>... So, Windows XP is the main source of the problem. However, I don't ask for any support from Intel and I just need a previous version of Intel Media SDK. All the rest problems will be solved as soon as I have it. Unfortunately, I see that chances to get it almost Zero and I need to consider something else.
0 Kudos