Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Where is the plugin for H.265/HEVC?

Peter_T_
Beginner

Hello,

Envrionment: Windows 10. Intel Media SDK 2016.0.2

I have been using the Media SDK for decoding H.264 video. It works great. Now, I need to decoded H.265 video. This seems to be just one line change in the source code. However, when run, I get the following error:

plugin_loader.h :166 [ERROR] Failed to load plugin from GUID, sts=-9: { 0x15, 0xdd, 0x93, 0x68, 0x25, 0xad, 0x47, 0x5e, 0xa3, 0x4e, 0x35, 0xf3, 0xf5, 0x42, 0x17, 0xa6 } (Intel (R) Media SDK plugin for HEVC DECODE)
Default plugin cannot be loaded (possibly you have to define plugin explicitly) 

Strange. The same code works great for H.264 but seems to require a plugin for H.265. Is there something I am missing? Where is this plugin anyway?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Stav_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Peter,

Yes. MSDK supports in box with most codecs. however, HEVC support is under downloading an additional plug in. 

You can look in the getting started and release notes to find where to get the plug in and how to use it.

Regards,

Stav

0 Kudos