Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Why DecodeFrameAsync keeps return MFX_WRN_VIDEO_PARAM_CHANGED?

jigong
Beginner
I have an IP camera which encodes in H264 with resolution: 1080p at 15 fps rate. In client end, I useDecodeFrameAsync() to decode the stream. ButDecodeFrameAsync keeps return the warningMFX_WRN_VIDEO_PARAM_CHANGED which means "the video parameters are changed during decoding". However, I didnot change camera setup during it plays. What are the video parameters?
Thanks in advance.
Jiuxiang
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Juixiang,

DecodeFrameAsync returnsMFX_WRN_VIDEO_PARAM_CHANGED whenever a sequence header is found in bit stream. This is the expected behavior and is also noted in the Media SDK manual pages forDecodeFrameAsync. I assume this is just how your camera creates the stream.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos