Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Why I use B250I PRO (MS-7A67) of MSI Base Board, CentOS can't start with the GUI?

seven_w_
Beginner

I use B150I GAMING PRO (MS-7995) of MSI Base Board, CentOS can work. my informations as follow:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz
GPU: 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Sky Lake Integrated Graphics (rev 06)
Operating System:CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
Kernel information : Linux version 3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64
Software Products:  Intel Media Server Studio 2017 Essentials Edition

Pure CentOS system can work, but when I install the Intel Media Server Studio 2017 Essentials Edition,CentOS can't start with the GUI,The screen is black when booting and the rescue mode can work, so we have a suspicion that there is something wrong with the graphic driver or kernel moudle.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KKrzy
Novice

Hi,

We have exactly the same problem, we were trying CentOS 7.2.1511 with CentOS installer and Generic Installer on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS with 4.4.0 kernel. Can someone suggest with is wrong with our setup and suggest a motherboard which works with Media Server Studio 2017 R2, please?

We use i7-6700 CPU and B250I Gaming PRO AC motherboard.

Kind regards,
Krzysztof Rosinski

0 Kudos
KKrzy
Novice

Hi again,

I had a chance to test the same kernel build on Asus Z170-K motherboard and everything works fine, it seems there is some problem with MSI B250i motherboard.

Kind regards,
Krzysztof

0 Kudos
yang_z_
Beginner

Hi, Krzysztof R

You are correct, and saved my life. I was use i3-6100 + B250M motherboard before, I got exactly same problem with you, but after I plugged my i3-6100 into ASUS B150M motherboard, reinstalled CentOS 7.2.1511 and Intel Media SDK, everything works well.

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
spyer_s_
Beginner

Hi, 

How do install intel Media Server on ubuntu ?

Spyer

0 Kudos