Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Why SyncOperation take long time?

kkbee
Beginner
I use m_pmfxSession->SyncOperate(...,MSDK_ENC_WAIT_INTERVAL);
I find SyncOperate take 60ms.
My video frame resolution is 1920*1080
How to improve it?

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jigong
Beginner
I met the same problem too. Posted it and got Petter's answer. His reply is very helpful.
BTW, You have to give more information about how do you use SyncOperate at your encoder side. The most possible reason is how fast to clean encoded buffer in CEncTaskPool. If you are using RTP streaming, you have check your network speed.
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi kkbee,

If low encode or decode latency is important to your usage I suggest you take a look at the following paper:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/video-conferencing-features-of-intel-media-software-development-kit/

And thanks for your input Jiuxiang.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
kkbee
Beginner
Hi,
Thanks for jiuxiang and Petter's response.
How can I know ifI set low latency success or not?
Do you have any data about how much latency this library require in low latency and non-low latency mode.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi kkbee,

If you follow the suggested decoder and encoder configuration you should see latency below 10ms (especially if you are using HW codec).

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos