Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Why does sample_encode.exe crash when I turn on hardware mode or use a custom YUV file?

Matthew_C_7
Beginner

I'm running the sample_encode.exe sample that came with the SDK and for some reason it crashes when I turn on hardware mode.  Any idea why?

Regarding my hardware, when I look at the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, I find a Intel Xeon CPU E5-1607 running at 3 GHz (quad core) and my graphics card is a NVIDIA Quadro 600.

Also the sample YUV file that was included happens to be very noisy picture, so I tried another one and it also crashes when I use the YUV file that I found instead of the sample one.  I have attached both of them, even though I assume you already have one of them.. is it noisy for you too if you run it in another program? I used VLC as well as trying a couple other tools.

Thank you,

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Media SDK provides access to the fixed function hardware in Intel integrated graphics.  While there are some E3 processors which support Media SDK hardware acceleration, E5 processors cannot run Media SDK applications in hardware mode.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Matthew_C_7
Beginner

Oh and also, I wasn't allowed to upload yuv files, so I changed their extension to be .txt.. may need to change it back to .yuv before you use it.

0 Kudos
Matthew_C_7
Beginner

Actually figured out the yuv files part.. kind of, I can play them with ffplay, though it will not play test_stream.yuv.

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Media SDK provides access to the fixed function hardware in Intel integrated graphics.  While there are some E3 processors which support Media SDK hardware acceleration, E5 processors cannot run Media SDK applications in hardware mode.

0 Kudos