Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Will you support plan for MPEG4 CODEC?

junyoung_k_
Beginner

We are developing a project by Media SDK 2014R2 Windows Servers/Media SDK 2014R2 Linux. Will you support plan for MPEG4 CODEC? Is it possible plug-in? Let me know how I can develop MPEG4 CODEC for Media SDK 2014R2 Windows Servers/Media SDK 2014R2 Linux.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

We don't have plans of supporting MPEG4 in our road map. If you can send me more information about company and details of the project, I can communicate to the development team to let them know your interest.
Yes you can define it as a user defined plugin. Please refer to the the manual - https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/76/97/mediasdkusr-man.pdf and you can take some pointers from the already developed plugin - VP8 manual

Thanks,
-Surbhi

0 Kudos
Sravanthi_K_Intel

You can still use Media SDK to process container formats, but with the pipeline involving external software. To use Media SDK and still process container formats, one possible solution is to use external demux mpeg4, pass the video stream through Media Server Studio, and the audio stream through (say) ffmpeg and sync them.

0 Kudos