Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Windows Embedded Standard 7 Support of MediaSDK

ji15_c_
Beginner

Hi:

In the FAQ of Intel Quick Sync , It is said MediaSDK supports Windows 7 & Windows 8,

I wonder Does it support Windows Embedded Standard 7?  Can anyone help me? thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Detlev_P_
Beginner

Hi,

Windows XP embedded, Windows 7 embedded are a subset of Windows XP or Windows 7. For example you can build the complete OS package as a Windows 7 embedded one. The embedded type of Windows 7 offers the possibility to delete all unnecessary OS components which are not mandatory for your own application. One difference is the scalability and the other one the possible use of a special write protection driver. As far as the right OS components are part of your Windows Embedded Standard image the components out of the Intel Media SDK should run on it. At my company we plan to use the Intel Media SDK on a platform with W7e. Currently I do not see any hurdles there.

Best regards,
Detlev

0 Kudos