Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

[Yocto] jethro meta-intel-msdk failed to unpack rpm files

TurtleCrazy
Beginner

Dear all,

I m in charge of building a Linux image that will ship the intel-msdk, with the help of Yocto.

Dealing with the official "yocto" layer, I followed the steps described in
https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2017/03/13/media-sdk-for-embedded-linux-launch

But Bitbake failed to install the msdk-media driver on the following error:

ERROR: Function failed: do_install (log file is located at /home/jethro/tmp/work/corei7-64-poky-linux/msdk-media/16.7.3-r0/temp/log.do_install.19186)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/jethro/tmp/work/corei7-64-poky-linux/msdk-media/16.7.3-r0/temp/log.do_install.19186
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_install
| cp: cannot stat '/home/jethro/tmp/work/corei7-64-poky-linux/msdk-media/16.7.3-r0/etc': No such file or directory
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_install (log file is located at /home/jethro/tmp/work/corei7-64-poky-linux/msdk-media/16.7.3-r0/temp/log.do_install.19186)
ERROR: Task 2 (/home/jade/users/marec/poky-jethro/meta-intel-msdk/recipes-graphics/msdk-media/msdk-media_16.7.3.bb, do_install) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1637 tasks of which 1636 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (1383 of 1704)

moreover, the built package for the msdk itself is empty.

This is related to the way SRC_URI is defined, i.e. as "rpm" files.

SRC_URI = "file://files/intel-linux-media-${PV}*.rpm;subdir=${BP};name=msdk-rpm"

SRC_URI = "file://files/intel-linux-mediasdk-${PV}-*.rpm;subdir=${BP};name=msdk-rpm \
           file://files/intel-linux-mediasdk-devel-${PV}-*.rpm;subdir=${BP};name=msdk-rpm"

I m not a yocto expert but this is not the usual way of fetching and unpacking files from a yocto recipe.
If I am not mistaken, basically the "rpm" file is just copied to the root directory of the package ( ${WORKDIR} ).
That means that "rpm" is not called in any way and no further action will be triggered to unpack the files contents.
So the "do_install" action has no file to copy to the destination folder and failed.

How to use the yocto intel-msdk-layer correctly ?

thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies