Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Zero-sized .stf file generated from ITAC

kang__myeongseok
Beginner

I am actually trying to use Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector (ITAC) to profile my MPI code written in Fortran.

The code does execute MPI_init at first and MPI_finalize at the end.

Following the thread of [ https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-clusters-and-hpc-technology/topic/517182 ] and

[ http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/static/media/mvapich/mvapich2-2.2rc1-userguide.html#x1-890006.21 ],

I have learned that using either LD_PRE_LOAD prior to run or adding '-itac' option for compiling and linking works in my case.

The problem is that, although I was able to obtain .stf and .prot files, the size of .stf file is zero, thus unable to open it with ITAC.

In addition, I have also noticed that when I try to run the executable file compiled using '-itac' option, it works only for the single node case, and hangs for multiple nodes case.

For your information, I'm using "Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2018 Update 3" for compilers, mvapich2.2.2-qlc-intel18 for MPI library, which is compatible with ITAC from check_compatibility.c test, and CentOS 6.4 for the OS.

Any helpful comment will be deeply appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

This is the forum to support Intel Media SDK, please use the other forum to discuss your issue.

Mark

0 Kudos
kang__myeongseok
Beginner

Oh sorry about that.

Could you let me know how to delete this post?

I do not see delete button here..

0 Kudos