Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

android stream has lag and noisy.

Jong_Youl_P_
Beginner

Hi, guys~

My app is based on the camera streaming sample.

It streamed vide clips to wowza server on 20~25fps.

But sometimes the lag has happened, it happens two or three times in a minute.

And the lag remains about 5 seconds when it happens.

What can I do for it?

I tested the app using Samsung galaxy grand Max (http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_grand_max-6905.php)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Jong Youl,

In this scenario, lag observed could be due to network bandwidth speeds. Please check your network Upload/Download speeds. We tested on high network bandwidth and did not see any lag issues. 

Following are some options you can try to workaround the lag:

• Check you network bandwidth as device camera captures  4128 x 3096 resolution and this requires high network bandwidth to stream to Wowza server. If network bandwidth is low, I suggest trying on higher bandwidth.
  • If you have any other devices connected on same network hub, I suggest reconnecting them on different network. 
  • If you have any antivirus blocker app on the device, suggest disabling it, before launching camera streaming app.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos