Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

can not find -lmfx_d

johnson_j_
New Contributor I

HI all:

I compile MediaSamplesPreview and i got errors: can not find -lmfx_d

I guess i didn't install some libs, but i can not locate. can anyone tell me.

By the way, I  installed MediaServerStudioEssentialsEvaluation2015R2  on Centos 7.0

Thanks a lot. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hello Johnson,

Thanks for bringing up this. The error you are getting is related to the build process not finding the mfx dispatcher library. You can follow these steps to build the library and the samples should build fine. (Note: In release mode, samples build without a problem. This issue you are seeing is related to the debug mode).

1. In /opt/intel/mediasdk/opensource - you will find a readme document that explains how to build the dispatcher in "Build Instructions" section. Follow them, and this will build libmfx.a in /opt/intel/mediasdk/opensource/mfx_dispatch/build/_lib

2. Rename the libmfx.a to libmfx_d.a and copy it to /opt/intel/mediasdk/lib/lin_x64/ folder

And now rebuild using the perl cmake script and the build process should succeed. Let me know if this works for you.

I wish we had made this information available without you having to spend time debugging. We are making changes to improve the health of the product and feedback/questions such as these are always appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos