Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

cannot install Intel_Media_SDK_2016.msi on Windows10-32bit

Andreas_G_1
Beginner

Hello,

i just wanted to install the Intel Media SDK (Intel_Media_SDK_2016.msi) on 32bit Windows 10 Home (Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz, 2GB RAM, German language), but the Windows installer program (when I double click on the .msi) fails with the (german) message "Dieses Installationspaket wird auf dieser Plattform nicht unterstützt. Wenden Sie sich an Hersteller des Produkts" - that means something like "This installation package is not supported on this platform. Please contact the manufacturer of this product."

Does it mean that Media SDK is not supported by Windows10 Home 32 bit in general, or do I have an unsupported CPU or Windows Installer Version or whatever?

Thanks for your help.

Andreas

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Andreas, 

Intel_Media_SDK_2016.msi is a 64 bit installer package. Try it on a 64-bit machine and installation should be work. Package provides libraries that support both targets 32-bit/64-bit IA. Please refer to MediaSDK release notes on supported OSes: https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/mediasdk_release_notes.pdf

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Andreas, 

Intel_Media_SDK_2016.msi is a 64 bit installer package. Try it on a 64-bit machine and installation should be work. Package provides libraries that support both targets 32-bit/64-bit IA. Please refer to MediaSDK release notes on supported OSes: https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/mediasdk_release_notes.pdf

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Andreas, 

Glad, you resolved the issue. Let me close this thread as issue was resolved. Please feel free to start a new thread on forum for any further media questions. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos