Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

d3d11 performance lower than d3d9

foroot_08
Beginner

recently, I run sample_encode.exe to test performance of diffrent memory input when encode, I found d3d11 video memory input causes a slow performance than d3d9 and system memory input, how's that happen, d3d11 performance should be better than d3d9, my intel gpu card is UHD graphics 630 with 26.20.100.7262 driver installed, OS version  win10 19041.746, Intel MediaSDK 2020 R1, just run sample_encode without any code change, any reply will be highly appreciated, and also, I note that copy memory from d3d11 to system , the performance is also lower than copy d3d9 to system, thks alot

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please make sure not to use any extra parameters. Run simple encode. 

Also don't use [-gpucopy::<on,off>] in the command. Please keep the pipeline simple.

We are not managing directx service. We only use it for copying. Direct9 to direct11 we cant say it will be faster, it should be the same.

If you have any further issue please let us know.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please make sure not to use any extra parameters. Run simple encode. 

Also don't use [-gpucopy::<on,off>] in the command. Please keep the pipeline simple.

We are not managing directx service. We only use it for copying. Direct9 to direct11 we cant say it will be faster, it should be the same.

If you have any further issue please let us know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
foroot_08
Beginner

thanks alot, but I did not set gpucopy, the cmd just like this "h264 -i ./1920x1080.nv12 -nv12 -w 1920 -h 1080 -hw -d3d", and I also found that copy from d3d11 memory to system cpu memory costs much more time than copy from d3d9 to system cpu memory, but on nvidia platform the performance is the same

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Could you please give us an update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting as solution. We would discontinue monitoring this issue as the solution provided is accepted as the solution. Please raise a new thread if you have further issues.

Thanks.

0 Kudos