Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

dec.Query resets .cropW/.cropH

ME
New Contributor I

m_mfxDecPtr->DecodeHeader(&mfxDecBS, &m_mfxDecParms);

sets mfx.FrameInfo.CropH/W but then calling

m_mfxDecPtr->Query(&m_mfxDecParms, &m_mfxDecParms); 

resets .CropH/W (0).  The tutorial simple_transocde.cpp sets the encoder's FrameInfo .CropW.H from the decoders.  It works in the tutorial because .Query is not used (it's commented out most places I've seen).

The question is, why does DecodeHeader() set .CropW/H when Query() turns around and resets it?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As you point out, it is not required to call Query. You can also opt to provide a different data storage for the output of Query so that the input does not get modified.

We will look into the behavior for setting CropW/H values in the Query call. We may be able to improve this behavior in the next release of Media SDK.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos