Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

decode by ffmpeg

china_y_
Beginner

this is my first time to use intel media sdk ,i just want to use intel media sdk to encode and decode tht 264 with ffmpeg . so what i want to know is if i can decode it by ffmpeg .

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

We are exploring many ways of extending the reach of QucikSync Video and Media SDK. Deep integration of Media SDK with FFmpeg, below the FFmpeg API would certainly be an interesting approach.

Since FFmpeg is an open source project we also encourage the community to contribute.

More extensive integration of Media SDK with FFmpeg for transcoding usages is also available here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-media-sdk-tutorial-simple-6-transcode-opaque-async-ffmpeg

0 Kudos
china_y_
Beginner

Tony Pabon (Intel) wrote:

We are exploring many ways of extending the reach of QucikSync Video and Media SDK. Deep integration of Media SDK with FFmpeg, below the FFmpeg API would certainly be an interesting approach.

Since FFmpeg is an open source project we also encourage the community to contribute.

More extensive integration of Media SDK with FFmpeg for transcoding usages is also available here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-media-sdk-tutorial-simple-6-transcode-opaque-async-ffmpeg

do you mean that i can not  decode with ffmpeg

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

The FFMPEG project itself has not been modified to use MediaSDK.

Applications that use MediaSDK have taken advantage of the other aspects of FFMPEG.

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

:) Yes, apps that use MediaSDK produce usable "content".  I guess it is/was my different interpretation of "decode with ffmpeg".

Thanks, as I read the question very differnt now :)

0 Kudos