Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

decode sample failure on my yoga3 pro

liujun_l_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to run the sampe_decode in INDE, my hardware is Core M5y70, graphic is HD5300, OS win8.1, the sample version I used is

Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49,  the driver I downloaded is win64_153619.exe.

my runtime parameter is set as

h265 -i 1080p_Big_buck_bunny_1080p_f619.bin -o test.yuv -hw -p 33a61c0b4c27454ca8d85dde757c6f8e

the input stream I used is compressed with x265 in videoLan, with the default setting.

but I got the following failure:

plugin_loader.h :157 [INFO] Plugin was loaded from GUID

Return on error: error code -3, src\pipeline_decode.cpp 641

Return on error: error code -3, src\pipeline_decode.cpp 287

Return on error: error code 1,  src\sample_decode.cpp   496

plugin_loader.h :183 [INFO] MFXBaseUSER_UnLoad(session=0x000000FD9EF735C0), sts=

I checked that -3 is unsupported feature, does it mean my hardware not support this feature, or I did something wrong? 

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for the logs. Your hw does not support this feature. The current hardware you are using (5Y70 CPU) does not provide hw hevc decode support which is via our graphics driver. You can hevc hw decode on system other than (5Y**) series processors. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Can you send us a log from system analyzer < mediaSDK/tools/system analyzer>, so we have all the available information about the system.

Also, I tried with one of the our input test (Bigs Bunny) elementary stream file and did not see this issue, Can you  please try with any other .265 test input file you have, just to isolate issue seen is not due to input file.  Let me know if that works! 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
liujun_l_
Beginner

Hi,

I tried another 3 more, all of them has this  issue, they can be decode by OpenHEVC, so I think the input stream is fine.

I've attached the log by the sys analysis tool.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for the logs. Your hw does not support this feature. The current hardware you are using (5Y70 CPU) does not provide hw hevc decode support which is via our graphics driver. You can hevc hw decode on system other than (5Y**) series processors. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos