Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

decoding mpeg2 by Media SDK 2

kohshinToku
Novice

Hi 

I posted a problem before about below:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Media-Intel-oneAPI-Video/decoding-mpeg2-by-Media-SDK/td-p/1294492

However, I will create a thread again because there is no reply.

I would like to know the following two points.

- Did you fix the problem that noise occurs in mpeg2 decoding of Media SDK by fixing the graphic driver?

- Please tell me the number of the modified driver.

Regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

We are working on this internally and will get back to you with an update soon.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
kohshinToku
Novice

Hi.

You should see if the graphics driver team has fixed this issue.

Originally this issue occurred when the graphics driver was updated.

And again, after updating the graphics driver to the latest version, the problem no longer occurs.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Apologies for the delays. Media SDK functionality has been superseded by oneVPL, FFmpeg and GStreamer.

For more information see the oneVPL Landing Page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/onevpl.html where you will find, among other information

oneVPL version 2.x is an API that is the successor to Intel® Media SDK. The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active and will not be updated. Packages and downloads are still available on GitHub*. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to move to oneVPL as soon as possible.

Let us know if you have any questions about oneVPL.

0 Kudos