Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

denoise2 in Tigerlake integrated graphics

gchapdel
Beginner

I am unable to get VPP denoise2 to work on a i5-1235U NUC with OneVPL v2022.2.2. The external buffer MFX_EXTBUFF_VPP_DENOISE2 gets rejected on initialization. Lokking at the code it seems that neither the function InitAdlpMediaSku or the function it calls, InitTglMediaSku, enable the denoise filter, altough it is enabled on the dg2 architecture. Is there a reason why it is only enabled on dg2  ?

My system:
- OneVPL v2022.2.2
- i5-1235U

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please provide the sample reproducer, i.e. which sample you're using, vpp file if you made any modifications, steps to reproduce, your system requirements?

You mentioned both, Tigerlake and Alderlake, processors. Could you please give us a detailed explanation that which processor you're using? Do you face the same error in both the processors or not?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
gchapdel
Beginner

I use this command line:
sample_vpp -sw 1920 -sh 1080 -scc nv12 -dw 1920 -dh 1080 -dcc nv12 -denoise 100 -i noisy_frame.yuv -o denoise_frame.yuv

I tried setting different values of denoise (1, 50, 100) with and without the manual modes 1004, 1005 without any change in the output. I measure the difference with and without the denoise by visual inspection and using a tool to measure the MSSSIM between the original frame and the denoised frame.

I did not modify onevpl code, I use OneVPL version 2022.2.2.
I test this feature on an Alderlake.

0 Kudos
gchapdel
Beginner

Also I forgot to say but I run OneVPL on ubuntu 22.04 with the kernel 5.18.0-051800-generic

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please give us an update regarding this issue?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We apologize for the delay. We are working on this internally and will get back to you soon with an update.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We were able to reproduce your issue. We have escalated your issue to the admin team and we will get back to you soon with an update.

Thanks,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

The failure you met might be due to the access driver *.so permission issue. You can do more experiments just with "sudo sample_decode xxx" and then the test will pass. Please let us know whether issue still persists.

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This helps others with similar issue.

Thanks,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any further information, please post a new question as this case will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos