Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

different Audio on different HDMI/DP ports possible?

derguteweka
Beginner

Hi All,

Having an embedded PC-Board here with 1x DP output and 1x eDP output. On both there's video OK. But i fail to get different audio over the 2 (e)DP lines. Or audio at all over the 2nd eDP link. I'm not using any pulseaudio, gstreamer or other "hi-level" audiotools, just plain Alsa.

root [ ~ ]# aplay -l

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: CS4207 Analog [CS4207 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: CS4207 Digital [CS4207 Digital]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]

Outputting a wav file to analog output works OK with: aplay -D hw:0,0 sine.wav

Outputting a wav file to one DP also works OK with: aplay -D hw:0,3 sine.wav

But i get exactly the same result, when i use 7 or 8 instead of 3 in the command. Audio comes always via the same DP connection. Never from the other. How can i get audio over the other DP connection? On both DP links, there's the same type of device connected (CH7515), but just one has audio.

More info:

According to Xorg.0.log, both Displays are connected to: eDP1 and DP1.

I'm using the iHD Driver; but problem stays the same if there's just plain textmode; and no Xorg running.

Kernel is plain vanilla 4.12.7.

Alsa-lib: 1.1.4.1; Alsa-Utils: 1.1.4; no /etc/asound.conf or any other tweaking file.

Any advice would be appeciated.

WK

0 Kudos
0 Replies