Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

failed to create directshow H.264 encoder instance

koby_s_
Beginner

Hi,

I wrote some sample program before integrating the directshow H264 encoder in my app.

In my sample program, the creation of the filter succeeded, so i decided it's safe to integrate it in to my application.

I integrate it, but when i'm trying to create the filter, I'm getting E_FAIL.

I compiled the filters in debug and started to digg in.

I found that the call to m_mfxVideoSession.Init(impl, &version) - under base_encoder.cpp, line 104 return -3 which mean not supported.

The creation of the filter in the test app was ok, but in my real app it failed.

What am I doing wrong?

Attached is my tiny testing app.

Thanks,

Koby

0 Kudos
2 Replies
koby_s_
Beginner
ok, found it. must have libmfxsw32.dll next to my .exe although it wasn't there in my testing app.
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Right. If you want to use SW processing then you must have the SW DLL accessible to the application. Glad you found the solution. Regards, Petter
0 Kudos