Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

ffmpeg sample code Linux Server Edition

Shannon
Beginner

I have made small modifications to the ffmpeg sample decode that is available for the windows edition in order to compile it on the Linux edition. I have it compiling but cannot get the libavformat library to link. I am not terribly familiar with cmake so if someone could point out to me how to link libavformat that would be great.

My error:

pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0x252): undefined reference to `av_register_all'
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0x27e): undefined reference to `avformat_open_input'
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0x291): undefined reference to `avformat_find_stream_info'
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0x2a9): undefined reference to `av_dump_format'
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0x342): undefined reference to `avcodec_find_decoder'
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0x363): undefined reference to `avcodec_open2'
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0x3d8): undefined reference to `av_bitstream_filter_init'CMakeFiles/sample_decode_ffmpeg_drm.dir/src/pipeline_decode.cpp.o: In function `FFMPEGReader::Close()':
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0x4d4): undefined reference to `av_bitstream_filter_close'
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0x4dd): undefined reference to `av_close_input_file'
CMakeFiles/sample_decode_ffmpeg_drm.dir/src/pipeline_decode.cpp.o: In function `FFMPEGReader::Reset()':
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0xb90): undefined reference to `av_seek_frame'
CMakeFiles/sample_decode_ffmpeg_drm.dir/src/pipeline_decode.cpp.o: In function `FFMPEGReader::ReadNextFrame(mfxBitstream*)':
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0xbe5): undefined reference to `av_read_frame'
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0xc0f): undefined reference to `av_free_packet'
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0xc73): undefined reference to `av_free_packet'
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0xca5): undefined reference to `avcodec_decode_audio4'
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0xd19): undefined reference to `av_bitstream_filter_filter'
pipeline_decode.cpp:(.text+0xd65): undefined reference to `av_free'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [__bin/release/sample_decode_ffmpeg_drm] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/intel/mediasdk/samples/__cmake/intel64.make.release'
make[1]: *** [sample_decode_ffmpeg/CMakeFiles/sample_decode_ffmpeg_drm.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/intel/mediasdk/samples/__cmake/intel64.make.release'

thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shannon
Beginner

I figured this out.

I needed to add:

list( APPEND LIBS dl avformat )

to the CMakeLists.txt file in the code directory. I ran the build.pl script again and it worked fine.

0 Kudos
Matthew_C_7
Beginner

I've played with ffmpeg and had some similiar problems in the past, so I could spend a couple minutes looking at it, but it's hard to say what you did wrong without the makefile. So could you post the makefile?

You probably are linking to the ffmpeg libraries wrong, I found easier to do using .so files in linux.

0 Kudos