Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

ffmpeg with quick sync on Windows

rangam__kasturi
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to run ffmpeg with -h264_qsv option on windows. I have installed Intel Media SDK for quick sync. I don't see any hw acceleration for my transcode.

I see ffmpeg with quick sync white paper on linux, but i don't see any documentation for windows.

Thanks,

Kasturi

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DZuck1
Novice

I am also interested in using ffmpeg and intel quick sync in a Windows environment. Is Quick Sync supported at all in Windows? even outside of ffmpeg?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Quyet__Văn
Beginner

hello i use PC inte Core i7 

https://aogiaptuve.com

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Guys,

This is a good question and I never try it. In this ffmpeg page, it talked about QuickSyncVideo and gives general direction, but it doesn't include the build process on Windows. 

But I think ffmpeg build on Windows would work, my suggestions is,

1. Following the general instruction in this page to build ffmpeg
  2. Since the build process for QSV(libmfx) on Windows doesn't have document, you might reference the build process on linux to enable it.

Mark

0 Kudos