Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

former version release notes

lonely_hearts_club

Hi there!

I'm currently using Intel Media SDK 2012 whose API version is 1.3. I notice that the latest version is 1.7 now and I want to upgrade to this version. I want to check the new features introduced from 1.3 to 1.7 version by version but I can only find the release notes for the latest version, while missing the others that starts from 1.4 to 1.6. Where can I get these documents? Thank you!

Sincerely

-Patrick

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

I've attached a document with the new features section of all Media SDK releases so far.  Please let me know if you need any additional info.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

We currently distribute only the latest versions of Media SDK and its related documentation for the free/client version.  As Media SDK's Product Manager Ryan Tabrah said in an earlier thread

The Intel Media SDK is a free SDK intended to enable video HW acceleration across Intel platforms.  To maintain the quality and latest features across the API, driver stack, and samples, it was decided some time ago to have only the latest version of the SDK available, as this would minimize confusion and simplify developer access moving forward. 

However, I can gather the full history of new features and post here (though it may take until next week to gather the information).  If you need anything else from docs related to older releases please let us know.  In general, the product is always moving forward but maintains backward compatibility.  That is, code written for earlier versions of Media SDK should run without change with newer versions.

Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
lonely_hearts_club

Hi,Jeff

I think I won't need anything else.There has been a period of time that I didn't keep up the pace with the upgration of msdk. I just hope that I won't miss all the new features that are accumulated from 1.3 to 1.7. Thank you for your help and just take your time. ;)

Regards,

-Patrick

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

I've attached a document with the new features section of all Media SDK releases so far.  Please let me know if you need any additional info.

0 Kudos
Todd_S_5
Beginner

I know this is an old thread but I currently have a similar need.

I'm using Media SDK 2014 R2 and am looking for release notes and bug fixes for the releases up to the current release.

0 Kudos